International / Online Events ~ Santa Cruz, CA Events ~ Recent Events ~ Planning Novasutras Celebrations ~ Calendar
International / Online Events
CROSS-QUARTER: online Octal Meditation Feb 3rd, 20:30 UTC / 12:30 pm PST. Online meditation will be about 12 hours before actual moment of the Cross-Quarter, 4 Feb 08:55 UTC (12:55am Pacific). Register (with or without donation) to receive login details.
Sign up for the Novasutras newsletter for updates eight times per year.
Santa Cruz, CA Events
See the Santa Cruz area chapter page for details.
We will plan for a weekend shinrin-yoku gathering next month. Take this quick poll to let us know what times would work for you, and suggest alternate venues.
- Meditation in support of Climate Fast – Friday, Dec. 27
- DECEMBER SOLSTICE 2019: Sunday, 22nd of December, 2019, 04:19 UTC (Saturday, Dec. 21, 8:19pm PST).
- Meditation for the Amazon: Novasutras offered a worldwide, synchronous guided meditation focusing on healing and wellness for the Amazon rainforest and all who live there. We chose to meditate together on #BuyNothingDay, in support of the #Amazon4Amazon campaign. Sign up FREE to be part of the Novasutras Movement, and we’ll send you a link to the video of this guided meditation.
Ideas for planning celebrations:
- Equinox Celebration Suggestions
- Solstice Celebration Suggestions
- 2020 Timings of Equinoxes, Solstices and Cross-Quarters
- Cross-Quarter 4 Feb 08:55 UTC (12:55am Pacific)
- Equinox 20 March 03:50 UTC (March 19, 8:50pm Pacific)
- Cross-Quarter 5 May 00:49 UTC (May 4, 5:49pm Pacific)
- Solstice 20 June 21:44 UTC (2:44pm Pacific)
- Cross-Quarter 7 Aug 01:04 UTC (Aug 6, 6:04pm Pacific)
- Equinox 22 Sep 13:31 UTC (6:31am Pacific)
- Cross-Quarter 7 Nov 22:56 UTC (2:56pm Pacific)
- Solstice 21 Dec 10:02 UTC (2:02am Pacific)
Celestial events are an excellent opportunity for synchronous global meditations, and other celebrations. We particularly encourage participation in the Octal Meditations at the Solstices (when the sun appears the farthest to the north or south from an earthly perspective), Equinoxes (when the sun crosses the equator) and Cross-Quarters (the mid-points between Equinoxes and Solstices in Earth’s orbit around the sun). Online Octal Meditations are usually scheduled to coincide with the timing of the celestial event (starting at least 15 minutes before it and ending after it). Learn more about Cross-Quarters, Equinoxes and Solstices and their timing at archaeoastronomy.com.