- SOLSTICE: The moment of the next Solstice is Sunday, December 22nd, 2019, 04:19 UTC (Saturday, Dec. 21, 8:19pm PST). Please REGISTER to join the online guided meditation and conversation Saturday Dec. 21st, 8:00-9:00pm PST.
Sign up for the Novasutras newsletter for updates eight times per year.
See the Santa Cruz area chapter page for details.
- Meditation for the Amazon: Novasutras offered a worldwide, synchronous guided meditation focusing on healing and wellness for the Amazon rainforest and all who live there. We chose to meditate together on #BuyNothingDay, in support of the #Amazon4Amazon campaign. Sign up FREE to be part of the Novasutras Movement, and we’ll send you a link to the video of this guided meditation.
- CROSS-QUARTER: Thursday, November 7 The moment of the midpoint between the September Equinox and December Solstice is 17:14 UTC (9:14am Pacific). Online guided meditation and conversation now on our YouTube channel.
- Intro to Drawdown: Reversing Global Warming, a Pachamama Alliance workshop was Nov 5th – follow-up info
Ideas for planning celebrations:
- Equinox Celebration Suggestions
- Solstice Celebration Suggestions
- 2019 Timings of Equinoxes, Solstices and Cross-Quarters
- Solstice 22 Dec 04:19 UTC (Dec. 21, 8:19pm Pacific)
- 2020 Timings of Equinoxes, Solstices and Cross-Quarters
- Cross-Quarter 4 Feb 08:55 UTC (12:55am Pacific)
- Equinox 20 March 03:50 UTC (March 19, 8:50pm Pacific)
- Cross-Quarter 5 May 00:49 UTC (May 4, 5:49pm Pacific)
- Solstice 20 June 21:44 UTC (2:44pm Pacific)
- Cross-Quarter 7 Aug 01:04 UTC (Aug 6, 6:04pm Pacific)
- Equinox 22 Sep 13:31 UTC (6:31am Pacific)
- Cross-Quarter 7 Nov 22:56 UTC (2:56pm Pacific)
- Solstice 21 Dec 10:02 UTC (2:02am Pacific)
Celestial events are an excellent opportunity for synchronous global meditations, and other celebrations. We particularly encourage participation in the Octal Meditations at the Solstices (when the sun appears the farthest to the north or south from an earthly perspective), Equinoxes (when the sun crosses the equator) and Cross-Quarters (the mid-points between Equinoxes and Solstices in Earth’s orbit around the sun). Online Octal Meditations are usually scheduled to coincide with the timing of the celestial event (starting at least 15 minutes before it and ending after it). Learn more about Cross-Quarters, Equinoxes and Solstices and their timing at archaeoastronomy.com.