Global / Online Events ~ Santa Cruz, CA Events ~ Recent Events ~ Planning Novasutras Celebrations ~ Calendar
Global / Online Events
Novasutras Daily Discussions in Difficult Times
Online gathering spaces for connection and meaningful conversation in challenging times. Join as many Daily Discussions as you like.
W Apr 8, 01:00 PM PDT / 20:00 UTC
Th Apr 9, 10:30 AM PDT / 17:30 UTC
F Apr 10, 05:30 PM PDT / Sa Apr 11 00:30 UTC
Sa Apr 11, 10:00 AM PDT / 17:00 UTC
Su Apr 12, 03:00 PM PDT / 22:00 UTC
M Apr 13, 05:30 PM PDT / Tu Apr 14 00:30 UTC
Tu Apr 14, 01:00 PM PDT / 20:00 UTC
We may be adding more sessions soon.
By participant consent, some portions of previous sessions were recorded and shared on this YouTube playlist.
Full Moon Novasutras Guided Meditation
April 7th 7:00pm PDT / April 8th 02:00 UTC
A 30-minute session with a guided meditation for well-being on Earth, celebrating the beauty of the full moon.
Can’t afford to donate anything right now? Register for Full Moon Meditation without Donation
Earth Week Beginning Online Gathering
April 18th 11:00am PDT / 18:00 UTC
We’ll reflect on the meaning of Earth Day to each of us, both in discussion and in a guided meditation.
MAY CROSS-QUARTER: We will gather on Zoom at 00:30 UTC May 5th / 5:30pm Pacific May 4th for a 60-minute conversation with guided meditation through the moment of the Cross-Quarter 5 May 00:49 UTC (May 4, 5:49pm Pacific).
Can’t afford to donate anything right now? Register for May Cross-Quarter without Donation
Weekly Climate Action Meditations: Carol proposes that each of us (on our own, but simultaneously) could meditate on a visualization of “our glorious planet with a clean, healthy atmosphere & ecosystems” for a half-hour at 20:00 UTC / noon PST each Sunday. Learn more…
Sign up for the Novasutras newsletter for updates eight times per year.
Santa Cruz, California Events
Climate and Habitat meditation
Sunday March 22nd 1:30-2:15pm POSTPONED UNTIL SITUATION CHANGES
Out of an abundance of caution, we will postpone this gathering. Hopefully these can resume with renewed gusto in a few weeks.
POSTPONED UNTIL SITUATION CHANGES
Out of an abundance of caution, we will postpone this gathering. Hopefully these can resume with renewed gusto next month.
Planning ahead for April? Take this poll to let us know which times you might be able to participate in Shinrin-Yoku (and if you have any suggestions for alternative locations). We will select one of the times and let people know by April 9th.
Please join us at 2:00 on Thursday, March 26th for this gentle walk or sit at Henry Cowell Redwoods. Learn about and experience the benefits of forest immersion practice. RSVP so we know to expect you, and so we can arrange carpools.
See the Santa Cruz area chapter page for details.
- March 31st Daily Discussion – Participants in the Novasutras Daily Discussion on March 31, 2020 requested that we record this portion, to share ideas about the problems of the current economic system, creating a fair and decentralized Green New Deal that can reduce poverty and GHG emissions, and seeking solutions to change our relationship to consuming so we are “meeting the needs of all, by healing — not harming –planet and people.” — https://youtu.be/Ky2GjduXYSE — Join our upcoming Daily Discussions.
- MARCH 2020 EQUINOX: We gathered on Zoom at 03:00 UTC March 20th / 8:00pm Pacific March 19th for a 90-minute conversation with guided meditation through the moment of the Equinox, which is 20 March 03:50 UTC (March 19th, 8:50pm Pacific).
- CROSS-QUARTER: We gathered online for our Octal Meditation about 12 hours before actual moment of the Cross-Quarter, 4 Feb 08:55 UTC (12:55am Pacific). This meditation for global well-being and loving-kindness, agaya and ubuntu, followed by conversation was recorded was recorded Monday Feb 3rd, 20:30 UTC / 12:30 pm PST.
- Meditation in support of Climate Fast – Friday, Dec. 27
- DECEMBER SOLSTICE 2019: Sunday, 22nd of December, 2019, 04:19 UTC (Saturday, Dec. 21, 8:19pm PST).
- Meditation for the Amazon: Novasutras offered a worldwide, synchronous guided meditation focusing on healing and wellness for the Amazon rainforest and all who live there. We chose to meditate together on #BuyNothingDay, in support of the #Amazon4Amazon campaign. Sign up FREE to be part of the Novasutras Movement, and we’ll send you a link to the video of this guided meditation.
Ideas for planning celebrations:
- Equinox Celebration Suggestions
- Solstice Celebration Suggestions
- 2020 Timings of Equinoxes, Solstices and Cross-Quarters
- Cross-Quarter 4 Feb 08:55 UTC (12:55am Pacific)
- Equinox 20 March 03:50 UTC (March 19, 8:50pm Pacific)
- Cross-Quarter 5 May 00:49 UTC (May 4, 5:49pm Pacific)
- Solstice 20 June 21:44 UTC (2:44pm Pacific)
- Cross-Quarter 7 Aug 01:04 UTC (Aug 6, 6:04pm Pacific)
- Equinox 22 Sep 13:31 UTC (6:31am Pacific)
- Cross-Quarter 7 Nov 22:56 UTC (2:56pm Pacific)
- Solstice 21 Dec 10:02 UTC (2:02am Pacific)
Celestial events are an excellent opportunity for synchronous global meditations, and other celebrations. We particularly encourage participation in the Octal Meditations. Online Octal Meditations are usually scheduled to coincide with the timing of the celestial event (starting at least 15 minutes before it and ending after it). Learn more…