Uplifting Each Other
The intention of the Novasutras Movement is to nurture and uplift one other during these challenging times, as we work to create a world that works for all people and all species of life on Earth. As our Movement emerges, we need a few people to come forward and help make this collaborative vision a reality.
We’d LOVE for you to be involved! The Novasutras Uplifters get notices of key opportunities to aid in growing our movement.
Uplifters for Online Events
We have just held our first series of training sessions for Uplifters to go about putting on Novasutras Online Events — doing the real work of bringing Agaya and Ubuntu to the world.
All members of the Novasutras global community are welcome to propose an idea for an online event – propose an event with this form. Uplifters can then support good ideas in becoming Novasutras events.
Please join us, and learn to help host online events with Novasutras! We can teach you how to fulfill these roles:
- Scheduler – The Scheduler coordinates the team and sends out information about the event.
- Host – The Host sets up the online space and guides participants through the opening and closing of the event.
- Facilitator – The Facilitator introduces the topic and helps participants engage.
- Recorder– The Recorder takes notes during the event, summarizes it, and sends information out afterward.
Check this Overview of Uplifter Roles for Online Events to learn more.
If you might want to play one or more of these roles for future events, please complete this form to let us know your interests, your skills, and how to contact you.
What does it take to be a Novasutras Uplifter right now?
Organizations, like organisms, have different needs at different stages of their growth. Right now, we are just beginning to grow internationally, and have established our first local chapter. In order to get securely rooted so we can begin to really thrive, we need teams of people who can help us reach more people.
We need people ready to join :
- Social media teams — people who know how to use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit and other platforms to reach new audiences and keep them engaged, plus people who are eager to learn and develop those skills.
- Outreach teams — people who can help us find and get invited to speak on podcasts, TV and radio shows, to present at conferences, to get us interviews with media, or get us invited to write guest blog posts and articles.
- Writing teams — people who can write blog posts and shorter posts to be shared via different social media outlets or in our Newsletters. Posts can be Novasutras’ perspectives on current events, reviews of inspirational and informative books, or thought pieces on Novasutras principles. Creative writers may also wish to venture into writing song lyrics or stories focusing on agaya and ubuntu.
- Audio/Video teams — people who could help us record and edit informational videos and meditations.
- Local chapter or event organizing teams — people who want to gather locals for Novasutras celebrations, meditations, or learning events. Right now, we especially need people who want to learn to help host online events.
- Fundraising teams — people who have a knack for getting donations from others (one-time or ongoing) to financially support our ongoing work and growth. As we start to bring in sufficient funds, we will need people to help us get established as a formal non-profit.
We are also welcoming contributions from visual artists — people who already have or want to create images that could be used alongside our blog posts and social media, or on Novasutras merchandise. We welcome the work of musicians and poets who can write or re-word and record songs to inspire agaya and ubuntu according to Novasutras principles.
Eager to be involved? The Novasutras Uplifters get notices of key opportunities to aid in growing our movement.
You can help spread the word about Novasutras by printing and sharing these brochures (PDF) today.
Ubuntu in living systems grows from generous reciprocity, as organisms aid one another in meeting their goals. Most often, this is of a ‘pay-it-forward’ nature. Plants generously produce nectar in the hope that their flowers will attract pollinators who can help the plant to reproduce – there is no guarantee that any pollinator will oblige this after visiting, so there must be an element of trust. Similarly, the Novasutras movement was seeded with much effort, in the hope that it will attract cooperators who will help it grow and flourish.
Share widely – tell your friends about Novasutras, agaya and ubuntu. Follow Novasutras on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Use and create social media connections to help others learn about the movement and its core values. You can help spread the word by printing and sharing these brochures (PDF) today.
Create – comment; write blog posts; make videos for our YouTube channel; make and donate original music or images we can use in videos, on posters, or on the website; help get a wiki set up; help build the Novasutras calendar; help design a new language.
Celebrate – help to plan and stage a celebration or other event. Make masks, costumes, banners, flyers or whatever else is needed to make the celebration happen.
Share space – Offer your space to host celebrations, meetings or small gatherings.
Donate stuff – video cameras, microphones, materials for celebrations.
Purchase merchandise – buy Novasutras stuff on Redbubble. It’s especially fun to get things like T-shirts, stickers, mugs or notebooks with our logo and URL, that might help spark conversations and inform others about the Novasutras movement.
Start or join a work team – we need people to work together to edit videos and blog posts, and get started on other Novasutras projects.
You can help spread the word by printing and sharing these brochures (PDF) today.
The process of growing the Novasutras movement is inspired by Swarmwise (book | video). Swarmwise outlines radically decentralized, effective and fun movement-building, inspired in part by nature’s best examples of cooperative effort. We have set goals that are tangible, credible, inclusive and epic. Together, we can change the world to one based in the values of agaya and ubuntu.
Do you have questions, ideas or comments? Want to let people know what you’re interested in doing? Say something in the comments below, or contact us.